Greater BostonWebmaster: Jim Douglas
District Coordinator: Paula Sampson
District Competition: March 5, 2016, Stoneham Middle School, 101 Central Street, Stoneham, MA
Registration Deadline: Feb. 11, 2016
To Register: Please complete the form and return to the District Coordinator as soon as possible, but not later than Feb. 11, You can send the form as a word document or share it with me as a Google doc. To access the registration form, click here. The link is a 'view only' document; make a copy of it and share it back as a Google doc or download a Word document and send it as an attachment.
To confirm your registration a link to the rules verification sheet (new this year) that all students should bring with them on contest day. This is a new requirement this year.
Historical Paper Submission Deadline: Feb. 18, 2016, 11:59pm lockout
Website Lockout: Feb. 18, 2016. Note: All websites must be created ONLY using the NHD Weebly creator found at www.nhd.weebly.com
District Coordinator: Robert Jones (978-342-6053 ext. 100)
District Competition: March 5, 2016 - Quabbin Regional High School, 800 South Street, Barre, MA
Registration Deadline: February 9, 2016
Website Lockout: February 18, 2016, 11:59pm
Paper Submission Deadline: February 12, 2016; emailed in PDF format only
District Coordinator: Leah Cardullo
District Competition: March 12, 2016 Location: Brockton High School, 470 Forest Ave., Brockton, MA
Registration Deadline: February 23, 2016, 11:59pm
Website Lockout: February 23, 2016, 11:59pm
Paper Submission Deadline: February 23, 2016, 11:59pm
Online Registration: all Registration MUST take place online at the following link by 11:59pm on February 11, 2016, from my view, each registration is TIME-STAMPED. Online Registration link: http://bit.ly/SSMHD3-2016
The Signature and Payment form must be received by February 26, 2016. Please click on the following link:
Please note that this link can also be found at the bottom of the Registration form.
Historical papers should be emailed to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) as follows:
- Papers must be submitted no later than February 18 at 11:59 pm.
- Papers must be formatted as PDFs.
- Each paper must be submitted as a single, complete entry (e.g. do NOT email the cover page, body of paper, and bibliography as separate files. All elements of each paper should all be included in one document.
- Please ask students to name their paper documents with their last name, division, paper. For example: CardulloSRpaper.pdf.
Websites MUST be created using the nhd.weebly portal! The process is easy and free. Websites created at other locations will not be entered in the competition!
- Websites must be submitted no later than February 18 at 11:59 pm
- Your URL should look something like http://37408014.nhd.weebly.com. Each NHD website has an automatically generated identification number that is 8 numbers long. You should NOT have any letters in your URL, nor should you be able to pick what goes into your URL.
- If the address between http:// and nhd.weebly.com is not a string of 8 numbers, but instead asks you to create a custom URL like http://lincolndouglassdebates.weebly.com, you can easily convert it.
- If you registered for a regular Weebly account you can convert it to a NHD Weebly automatically. Simply use your Username and Password to login through http://nhd.weebly.com and click the "Convert" button when prompted. This will switch your Weebly account over to a NHD Weebly and assign you a new URL with the correct 8-digit format.
- PUBLISH YOUR WEBPAGE! When you've finished making your edits for the day, do not forget to publish your website! You will find the Publish Now button in the upper right-hand corner. Remember to publish your website each and every time you edit your site - and make sure you've published your site before your local contest lock-out dates, or you may be disqualified from participating in the contest!
District Coordinator: Kerin Shea
District Competition: March 5, 2016, Beverly High School, Beverly, MA
Registration for all projects will be online only. Deadline is February 9, 2016 by 11:59pm
All registration MUST take place online at the following link by 11:59 pm on February 9, 2016. From my view, each registration is TIME-STAMPED.
The signature form can be found at the following link: http://bit.ly/MHDSigForm16
Make sure all parts of the form are complete before submitting your entries.
Website entries will be allowed to edit their pages until February 18, 2016 at 11:59PM on . Web site entries MUST be created using the Weebly portal at http://nhd.weebly.com. Go to this page, create an account, and then log in and create your site. Web pages created elsewhere will not be allowed.
Historical papers must be submitted via email by February 18, 2016 by 11:59pm on to MaHistoryDay@aol.com
Papers must be submitted in Adobe .pdf or MicrosoftWord.doc or .docx format only. Papers must be entirely assembled into one document, not sent separately. Please make sure your division (Junior or Senior) is on the front cover.
Co-State Coordinators of Massachusetts History Day:
Kerin Shea (508-922-7835 | email@example.com)
Kathleen Barker(617-646-0557 | firstname.lastname@example.org)